Birmingham Pet Owner Resources

Helpful Links for Our Clients

Valleydale Animal Clinic provides these pet resources for information only. We are not affiliated with nor do we specifically recommend these organizations or websites. Always call us with questions.

Birmingham Pet Adoptions

Birmingham Strays, Lost and Found Pets 

Lost or Found a Pet in Birmingham area? - The Greater Birmingham Humane Society's division of Animal Care & Control has provided animal control services to Jefferson County and its municipalities.

The Woodlawn location of Animal Care and Control is located at: 6227 5th Avenue North, Birmingham, AL 35212. However, the public and animal control officers may use the Greater Birmingham Humane Society’s Snow Drive facility for certain services. The Snow Drive facility is located at: 300 Snow Drive, Birmingham, AL 35209.

Please call 205-591-6522 to report stray dogs and cats, injured dogs and cats, or for assistance with animal complaints.

Lost or Found a Pet in Shelby County? - If you are located within a city such as Chelsea, contact your local municipality for the applicable animal control information. The Shelby County Animal Control does not have jurisdiction within a city.

If in unincorporated Shelby County, go to the Shelby Humane Society at: 381 McDow Rd, Columbiana, AL 35051

Lost or Found a Pet in Pelham? - Pelham Animal Control can be reached by calling the Pelham Street Department at (205) 620-6416 from 7:00 A.M.- 3:30 P.M. Emergency animal control calls after normal working hours should be made to Pelham Police Department at (205) 620-6550. Our sister clinic Oak View Animal Hospital serves as holding facility for Pelham Animal Control – all pets picked up by Pelham Animal Control are brought to Oak View Animal Hospital. Call (659) 209-5414 if you believe your pet was picked up. They have policies for releasing pets to owners (or put up for adoption) including when and how, vaccine compliance, spay/neuter and costs.

Lost or Found Pet in Hoover? - Hoover Animal Control can be reached at (205) 444-7760 or by email to: An Animal Control Officer is on call 24/7 to handle emergency calls and their office hours are Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.

Alabama Wildlife Center - For wildlife emergencies contact Alabama Wildlife Hotline at (205) 621-3333. Staffed from 8am to 9pm, 365 days a year, the hotline provides free advice and information to Alabamians on how to deal with wildlife problems and emergencies such as: how to reunite baby animals with their parents, what to do when an injured, sick or orphaned animal is found, how to handle nuisance situations humanely and how to provide temporary emergency care for a wild animal in need. When you call the hotline you leave a message with your name, number & description of the situation and a hotline staff member will usually be able to call back within 30 minutes.

Pet Health, Behavior & Info Sites